Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nightkids

I was supposed to merge this post with Jai's EF B18C Type-R maiden Sepang run, but I still couldn't upload his video on Youtube. Sorry Jai, you have to wait for the next post. LOL.

Again, I went to SIC on the night of 16th with the boys (it was Scooby nite!). No Black Mamba in action this time as I am having a little bit of problem with my TEIN front shock. Having the vidcam brought along, I managed to capture the moments in both Fadhil's and Bocai's Scoobies as well as Adlan's K24 EP3.

My butt experience in the Imprezas (Fadhil's Type-RA particularly) was something rather new to me. Never before I sat in an all time, all wheel drive car with torque boosting more than 35kg/m! Fadhil seemed like an experienced all-round driver - throwing the car at each turn and made it glide nicely out of the apex. I felt a bit uneasy being a passenger as the way to handle it is different than those FF cars. It needs a little bit of 'taming' to be done at each corners whereas FF cars are much more straight forward. Hit the brakes, dip the throttle, drop the gear, enter your line and full throttle. That is on a FF car of course. Do that on a Scooby and you'll get the car spinning!

Bocai on the other hand, was struggling throughout the nite. With a heavier car (Full ChargeSpeed wide bodykit) and street tires, he endured the night the hard way through the gravel and grass. Lots of understeering involved. Haha. One thing I respect about the fella is that his determination is on top of everything. We did a non-stop 12 laps and I could say his driving method improved at each lap.

Adlan's EP3 will need no further explanation. Just look at how torquey the car is and the badass-ness of the K screaming in the vid. He spun off at T2 as the tires were, err, 'cold'. Hahaha. Nevertheless, I learned a lot from a seasoned driver like him and that will help me become a 'casually serious track driver'. Or is it 'seriously casual'? Hahaha..

Enjoy the vids!

Bocai



Fadhil



Adlan



APD's 700hp Widebody Supra - This car was doing more than 250kmh on the straight!

1 comment:

watdahell said...

yupp meor...still waiting for the vid to be posted...my 1st time doing laps in sic...hahaha...did 180 at the same T2 as this more experienced EP3 driver.....damn i need more prac...