Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Sleepless in Sepang

Ah, I'm back again in the office. Feeling a bit cranky now since I was in Sepang last nite for the MME practice session. Black Mamba also unpreparedly had a little taste of night racing for couple of laps. Heheh. Since my night driving judgement isn't that good, it would be great to have night vision goggle together with some Hella spotlights ready before venturing into night-time racing. I might be exaggerating but the truth is, if you're a first timer, chances for you to overshoot or miss your cornering entry point are very high. I remember the track layout, every turn etc but the darkness gave me hesitation on when to turn the steering.

Nevertheless, after a few laps I almost got used to it and cruised around happily. Few good things about night racing are: The cool breezy air will contribute a breathier engine, thus better accelaration. Tires will not wear out as fast as daytime racing (not to Fadhil tho, he must have been wanking himself with his new Scooby STi V9 Spec C Type-RA until the RE070 split into two.) And yes, my water temperature also didn't pass the 100°C mark after 5 laps, unlike day time.

Oh well, I didn't manage to take pics etc but surely Elaine will be posting some on her blog soon. It was a great night out with lots of exotic cars practicing (Lotus Exige and Porsche GT3 Cup S to name a few) and thanks to the boys (Bocai/Rafie from APD with their widebodied Scooby V9 - will write about APD soon, Yan with his FD2R, and Fadhil with his V9 Type RA) for being so cool to whack SIC at night.

No comments: