Sunday, January 17, 2010

Goodridge Steel Braided Stuffs!

Ah....it's my first post of the year 2010. To keep the modification for Black Mamba in momentum, I decided to enhance the braking system of the car. Chris from Pentagon Enterprise made irresistable brake upgrade offer recently for the DC5 owners. The package consists of a pair of J's Racing slotted rotors, a set of EBC brake pads, EBC brake fluids and Goodridge steel braided brake hoses and the total price is pretty decent at less than RM3,000!! Since my Brembo rotors and the Endless brake pads are still good for another 20-30k kilometres, I decided to get only the Goodridge brake and clutch hoses with EBC brake fluids. After all, I'm saving up my money for Black Mamba's new brain.. :-D

The kit.



The steel braided 'fluid transfer system'.



The clutch hose

EBC DOT 4 racing brake fluid + clutch fluid

Out with the old...

In with the new....


Post-Installation Comments:

1. The clutch and brake engagement felt much firmer and stronger as compared to before. Due to the nature of rubber expanding at higher operating temperature, the brakes and clutch get 'tired', 'soft' and became less cooperative to your command after few hours of driving. With these stainless steel braided kit, you will eliminate the issues and the car can definitely withstand abusive braking behavior without any problem.

2. Ensure that the brake/clutch fluid bleeding is being done properly. It happened to me where I couldn't engage my gears at high speed just because the clutch bleeding was incompletely executed! Had to drive back to the workshop slowly to get it fixed. Costs me an hour of my precious time.

3. Costs: RM150 for the clutch hose, RM450 for the brake hose, RM140 for the brake fluids. Free installation. These prices were given during promotion so you might need to check regularly with Pentagon.

4. Where: Pentagon Enterprise - http://www.pentagon.com.my/

5. Product reference: http://www.goodridge.net/

6. Other high end options: J's Racing, Aviation Performance Product (APP), Endless, etc

No comments: