Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crap-ness

Disheartening Tuesday. The Honda MTFIII Ultra doesn't blend well with my gearbox. Currently experiencing the irrating 'crunch' on my 3rd gear after the gearbox gets hot. I need to use thicker oil, not as thin as the MTFIII. Hope I can source the Lightweight Shockproof gear oil in Kuantan. Here are some other things on Black Mamba that need my attention and action:

1. Cracked windscreen - Happened during the Pasir Gudang track day. It was a small crack and but a delayed treatment caused it to be longer and more serious over time. Lucky the windscreen is insured but damn, have to wait for 1-2 months to get the glass!

2. CEL error code P1167 (A) - A/F ratio sensor 1 Heater System Malfunction; The beginning of a faulty O2 sensor. Typical issue for a K20. Not complaining at all since my engine has already clocked 100,000km, fuel consumption is still good, and it can be eliminated by 1. purchasing new 02 sensor or 2. Use Hondata to permanently disable the error code (more favourable haha). But most importantly, the VTEC still rocks hard at 5,800rpm! :)

3 comments:

Loki said...

Hope you get it sorted out.

I've heard similar negative views on the Red Line oil hence the reason why I don't use it. Why don't you try Motul Gear Competition?

me or you said...

Motul gear oil is pretty expensive to be changed every 5000-6000km (that is my practice), hence I choose redline. Wanted to give this Honda MTF a shot but I guess the gearbox is already accustomed to redline's higher viscosity. Based on this experience I could say that the redline works well without any 'frozen' oil issue if the car is driven daily. Sigh, can't wait to get this oil changed. :)

Firdaus Asri said...

Bahayaa....I'm running on Redline MTL but I do agree with Loki that it could probably a little too thin in here. I'm thinking of other alternative next time...