Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pivot Racing Monitor

I’ve been drooling for one of these since it debut not long time ago. The compact size and its direct plug and play ability on OBD2 ECU attracted me to make the purchase. This Pivot Racing Monitor RM-07 is meant for those who are tired of seeing the typical A'PEXi RevSpeed Meter (RSM) stacked on the dash, only to see it being stolen if discovered by the thief. Although the features are not as comprehensive as the RSM, it is good for me to get to know few essential data of my car such as:

- Digital speed display (I never knew how fast did I go after the speed cut was removed by the e-manage)

- Water temperature (RSM doesn’t have this)

- Digital tachometer

- Sequential shift light (literally makes me feel like driving an F1 car yo)

- Gear position (too bad Honda cars doesn’t have any sensor on the gearbox, therefore no gear position is displayed. Bummer!)




Since the DC5 dashboard has no secluded area to mount the RSM, and the RSM is in my EF, this tiny Pivot thingy was stacked right on the gauge cluster. The reason being for me not to mount it on the steering console is....coz I'm sitting damn low on the Bride and could only see the LEDs. This is the RPM display.


Water temperature display.


The best feature of all. The sequential shiftlight. I've set the shift point at 2000rpm and the first blink goes on at 1000rpm..


At another 500rpm interval...the second LED will flash..



Once you hit the shifting point, all three LEDs will be flashing like mad and you know what that means? Hit the brake. Of coz not dammit. Its time to shift the gear.


You think this shot will make it to Honda Tuning? LOL.

1. Cost: RM580 (Before discount)

2. Where: JC Racing -
www.jcracing.com.my

3. Link/Demo: Pivot Racing Monitor - http://pivotjp.com/product/flame-rm-07-e.html

1 comment:

lleonard said...

Too bad this monitor is not working in 2009 Honda City :(