Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Ramadhan Gift - iPhone 3GS

I have been an iPhone user since early last year and I haven't turned back to other phone ever since. Despite using only the first generation or well referred by public as the '2G' iPhone, the thing is a wonder! I have used Symbian and Windows Mobile-based phone/PDA before, but with this iPhone, I have entered a new communication world without 'boundaries'. There will always be a new thing to be discovered everyday in the Application Store! Haha.

When Apple decided to release the much-hyped second generation 3G iPhone, I didn't buy it as I know the improvement over the 2G was not that much. People still need to download third party application for video recording, MMS and others. And the operating system is also pretty much the same. So I let the people enjoy the 'incompleteness' while I'm saving up for the real deal..hehehe.

I had my first touch of the 3GS when I was in Glasgow in June. My heart almost stopped when I see how the web pages load over WiFi. Its 'surrealistically' FAST! I'm not exaggerating, but but it was effortless for the phone to load pages with lots of photos. The 3.2mp camera with video function (and editing pane, yes you can edit your video sraight away) will make other phones run for their money. Another main feature that attracted me is the iPhone's capability to perform internet 'tethering' or in a layman's term - being a modem, either through USB or Bluetooth. And then there's the real-time compass, and Voice Control, and free EuroSport application, and GPS maps, and iPod with Nike support, and more, and more. I know one thing for sure that I bloody have to buy this when I get back to Malaysia.

So after scouting for about a week from Maxis and other handphone dealers, I decided not to get Maxis' iPlan for iPhone 3GS and also wait for about a month for the phone to arrive. Instead I bought it from a dealer at Lowyat Plaza and maintain my current Maxis plan with UNLIMITED DATA usage per month..tee hee hee. So I dont have to worry and guesstimate how many MB or GB of data I have used every month, and being slapped with 10sen/KB data charges whenever I exceeded my usage limit!

Anyways, before I sign off I would say the iPhone is a good all-round comminucation tool with sleek design and cheeky features. Recommended to everyone.





6 comments:

Firdaus Asri said...

Bro,

Got built-in gps? How much?

me or you said...

yeah bro. there's a built in GPS. the price was RM3.3k, traded-in my old iPhone at RM1k, so I topup another RM2.3k. If you wish to get one, buy the 16GB pun dah cukop. It is cheaper at around RM2.6 - 2.7k. Or you can always sign a contract with maxis...hehe.

Firdaus Asri said...

Gulp... signing with Maxis should not be problem for me cos I've been using postpaid for so long already but the charges is pretty steep considering the coverage it gives at the moment. It's a wicked phone though :)

Amri said...

great apps phone...but lousy battery consumption

i have ipod touch and i buy another el cheapo phone

what interest me for iphone 3gs...is the gps...ipod touch tak bleh tengok kiblat daaaa

me or you said...

yes the battery drained quite fast if u keep on downloading stuffs / surf the web. This is one of the thing Apple overlooked when they redesigned the iPhone. I just have to make sure I have the car charger and the USB cable are with me all the time. Oh yea, u can always buy n keep the portable battery charger with u tho.

the compass, the maps, the route/direction, are almost 100% accurate. another feature that turns me on is the 3D (panoramic) map. feels like you're on a virtual tour anywhere in the world you could think off.

apa lagi guys, kasi sambar satu! hehe. maxis punya murah around RM200-300 than the ones selling outside and if im not wrong u'll have warranty. but as at nowww..have to wait for a month to get your phone as the demand was overwhelming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2JG8ZQLVso

noname_yma said...

aku still pakai cokia phone :(