Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Dyno Day :)

Once the header installation was done, I took Black Mamba for a retuning session the following day. Initial plan was to get it retuned by Tung Chun, however due to the limited time for me to travel around, I opted to get it done by Desmond of N1 Racing.

Tuning was done succesfully on a cloudy Saturday afternoon where it was not too hot, not to humid. Obviously the end result below made me smile the whole day but most importantly the a/f ratio were perfectly tuned to suit my daily driven engine. Prior to the tuning, the car was run couple of times on the dyno to get the base reading and surprisingly Desmond mentioned that my a/f ratio was already optimum from the last tuning with Tung Chun. I am sorry for not being able to put on the full graph as I lost the paper, so once I manage to retrieve back the graph I will share wity you.

Strapped on the treadmill :)

Tuning of K100 in progress

Mappingssssssssssss

The final figure.


Post Tuning Comments:

1. Powerwise the car feels much livelier than before. The header does release extra power from the engine since the excessive gas has been smoothly released compared to the stock header. Low and mid range power has been improved and I enjoy seeing the revs climbing faster than before. VTEC point has been maintained at 5500rpm as I can't afford to have it engaged earlier on a long distance drive. Furthermore I am running on 5.1 final drive so it's not very wise to lower down the VTEC engagement point haha.

2. After the tuning, my secondary O2 sensor decided to die on me. No choice but had to disable it temporarily. Now I need to get a complete primary and secondary O2 sensor as my fuel consumption has increased! If you remember on my post last year, my primary O2 has been disabled when I installed the Hondata.

3. As I have mentioned in earlier post, there is a rattling sound coming out from underneath the car as if metal plates are hitting on each other. Will make a check and possibly fix this next time.

Cost:

1. Tuning @ N1 Racing: RMXXX (contact Desmond Yee to discuss)