Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kouki

If you have been following my blog you will remember I have posted about the Chargespeed Japan bodykit which I purchased in Singapore. The complete 4 pieces kit were collecting dust for almost two years simply because I was not ready to get it installed on my car.

Throughout 2010 and 2011 I have seen only two cars that were using this rare bodykit. One of them is an on-the-road car with only front bumper and the other one is a complete kit on a car that has been on the dealer since god knows when. I have managed to save some photos below and that is how it will look on my car, except mine is lower and has nicer wheels :P .






Personally I think one of the reason why I did not want it to be replacing my stock OEM bodykit is that the 'curves' of the bodykit are not totally exposed on a black car. It would definitely look more revealing on a brighter colored cars I believe. I have tried to sell it for couple of times but the offers received were not up to what I'm expecting so once again the kit continued it's hibernation at the paint shop.
  
Time goes by, and to cut the story short, I had the opportunity of a lifetime to own a complete Mugen bodykit for FL DC5 from a friend (This will be written later on a separate post coz it's too exciting haha). Knowing the fact that the Mugen kit can cause a big hole on my bank account, I had to make a bold move to earn some cash to finance this project. No, not robbing the bank of coz. Haha. The Chargespeed kit came into my mind and I started to make it available for sale again. Thankfully after just few days a fellow DC5 friend whom I know from the Facebook group offered to buy the kit. The price has been agreed and I had to drive down to JB and return back to KL to deliver the items to Faizal.

In just less than a week, the bodykit was painted to Championship White and being perfectly fitted on Faizal's K24 DC5R. Ladies and gentlemen, I am proud to present you... the one and only.. daily driven DC5.. with a complete Chargspeed Kouki bodykit.. in Malaysia!! Hahaa!


Based on the UrbanDictionary, Kouki is described as the second model of a particular generation of vehicle. So this kit is the second in line for DC5 after the Zenki.

The car doesn't need to be flushed to look flush with this kit haha!


The kit looks very mean in white!

The longer rear bumper looks very intimidating :)


Genuine emblem, obviously.


Impromtu photoshoot @ Sepang Circuit with 9tro Magazine from Singapore



There would be no one who understands JDM will say no to this car :)

That is all for now and I hope you enjoyed looking at the pics. Year end will always be with full of surprises. LOL. I will write soon on the Mugen project for Black Mamba. Last but not least, expect a proper photoshoot of these two cars in the next 3-4 weeks :)

No comments: