Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Real Steel

It has been almost few months since my last update. Was pretty much tight up with work plus I was being blogspot-illiterate with the new layout hence the abandonment of updates haha. I've done quite number of things to the car in the past two months so I'll do my best to post entries one by one.

So this entry is about the issue I had with one of the steel pipe that feeds the water to the head. Honestly I have no idea the exact name of this part, but what happened was the pipe internals was badly corroded until it cracked and water was flowing out when there is pressure from the radiator (during engine running). Thankfully I had the CEL warning indicator set from the Hondata when the water temp goes beyond 100deg.

Further checking confirmed that this pipe is in bad shape so the mechanic tried to put on the same pipe from CRV's K20 but it couldn't fit. No choice but it has to bought brand new.

5 years of dirt

The hole

The new pipe acquired by John of HiperRacing

Took the chance to flush the radiator and replace new coolant as well :)

Costs:

1. TB steel pipe - RM250
2. Coolant, labour etc - RM110

No comments: