Friday, March 13, 2009

The Darkside - Part 1

Owning an Integra DC5 and modding it is a whole new league for me. I have to plan for all the mods as it is not as cheap as the Civics (cheap kah? hahah). I remember swapping/selling the 15s every time I feel like doing so with the EF. But with brand new 17inchers can fetch to 5-digit figure (and secondhand still, 30-40% lesser from the shelf price) I can foresee that getting either RPF1 or SSR Type-F can only be materialized many months from today. Furthermore, I have to save up for my upcoming Euro trip so this plan will be KIV.

Before. Fucking Ugly.

The best solution for now is to paint the current wheels to my color of choice - FLAT BLACK. The reasons for me getting flat blacks are only two :

1. It looks sinister

2. It wont look dirty. Unless someone put on kapur barus on it, yes.

So the chosen one for this job is a good friend of mine - Arn. Known him for many years since my EF days and so far the he's the only person I've known to be very 'artful' when it comes to automotive-related hobby. Being a perfectionist with less-shaky hands, he can actually hand-drawn, and hand-cut any kind of decals/stickers of his (and most of the time mine hahaha) choice. Just give him any logo, or pics and he can beat the crap out of the sticker-cutting machine in no time hahahah. And oh, he's good with spraypainting as well. If he's been given an airbrush gun, he can sketch Beavis & Butthead images on his Harley helmet with his eyes blindfolded while the other hand SMS-ing. That's how great he is.

Went to Miri for a week and left the car in his good hands. He enjoyed the car. But obviously not the work. It was raining torrentially last few weeks so the wheels did not actually dry up properly and there were lots of blisters on it. So Arn had to redo the spraypainting few times.

Lets see what's underneath the fenders: Oh look. Green thang. Its TEIN!

The blue thang is CUSCO 25mm Anti-Roll Bar.

The red thang is a BREMBO 4 Pot Caliper.

Taken off, washed and sandpapered it a bit.

Hey the width and offset is not that bad! (nak sedapkan hati)

This is how you spray the wheels, Arn-style. Tape me baby.

Wok with Arn.

Almost there..

Waiting for the sun to shine on me..


Post-spraypainting fitment. Already looking good.

The End Product. Brilliant.

By the way, 2 days after getting the car I scraped the front left wheel on a curb at One Utama. The next day, it looked like brand new again. Roadside touch-up. LOL.

If that happened to a Volk RE030 or CE28N, I'd be in tears for sure.

7 comments:

arsaa said...

hehe....nice ride! about the rim....I know it's your choice....but sumhow black is just not the color that suit the rim on a black body! aiyark....black color will be good with a thicker spoke.....that is just my opinion!

cheers!

me or you said...

thanks for the feedback dude. but i aint got other thicker spoke for now . ahahhahha.

crower said...

My white Work Emosi would look good. My usual offer still stands....ehe ehe

Candour Reality Zeal said...

dude, this is tin can spray ke? did u use nippon pylox? coz standard spray paint will crack sumday....anyway hurray cornholio for the mods rims,poyokaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!

me or you said...

apa ko merepek ni kudut? HAHAHA.

noname_yma said...

nice la..all black

Unknown said...

giler la ... rim 20K ko ..